- This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.egyptdeathpenaltyindex.com (“our site”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
- By using our site, you confirm that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
- If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
- We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
www.egyptdeathpenaltyindex.com is a joint initiative of Daftar Ahwal, an independent research center for archiving, documentation, statistics and studies, registered according to Egyptian law; and Reprieve, a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales, registered company number 5777831, and a registered charity in England and Wales, charity number 1114900. Reprieve’s registered office address is 10 Queen Street Place, London, EC4R 1BE (“we, our or us”).
Other terms that may apply to you
Changes to the terms of this policy
- We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- We may from time to time provide choose to provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- chat rooms; or
- bulletin boards,
- Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
- We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
- The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
- Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
- These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
- You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Reprieve UK and Daftar Ahwal reserve the right to remove any content where it considers a contribution breaches the content standards, acting in their discretion.
- Contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Suspension and termination
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Limitation of liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Reprieve UK and Daftar Ahwal will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use good-will, or other intangible losses, resulting from:
- your access to or use of or inability to access or use the site;
- any conduct or content of any third party on the site, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties;
- any content obtained from the site; or
- unauthorised access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Changes to the acceptable use policy
- We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.